5 brilliant ideas you may not have thought of yourself
I read a lot of online lifestyle websites. A lot. I see tons of ideas about how to make your meals healthier, your life simpler, your waist slimmer, and your nursery sweeter. When I think one is worth remembering, I bookmark it.
Here are five bookmarks I have to share this week – all make use of a common item in a creative new way:
- Create your own sunburn-soothing ice cubes (from Real Simple magazine). Freeze aloe vera gel in trays. Then, move into a re-sealable plastic bag for storage in the freezer.
- Pinwheels as centerpieces. Buy ‘em or make ‘em; these fun decorations do second duty as party favors when you send each child home with one. They don’t really need plastic kazoos, do they?
- Use an ornament box for baby clothes (from Ohdeedoh.com)
- A wine rack can hold paper in a rolled position (from ScrapbooksEtc.)
- In Los Angeles, where I grew up, every driver used to have a huge notebook of maps in her car, because the area is expansive. Now we have smart phones and GPS systems. Maps? They can be used as wrapping paper.